Tap (4+yrs) is a form of dance in which the feet create rhythmic sounds. This lively rhythmic tapping makes the performer not just a dancer but also a percussive musician.
Established in 2008, Muskoka Dance Connection is located in Bracebridge, Ontario. It is a 5000 sq ft building, offering state of the art O’Mara surfaced sprung flooring. Our three spacious studios are equipped with viewing windows, wall to wall mirrors and double barres. The waiting area is a comfortable place for family, friends and dancers to relax or prepare for class.
Dance requires discipline and dedication. It is an art form and should be respected as such.
• No GUM, FOOD or DRINK allowed in the studio. However bottled water is permitted.
• No outdoor shoes are permitted in the studio, changeroom or anywhere past the front waiting area.
• No long or loose fitting jewelry is permitted.
• No student should leave class without permission.
• No parents or siblings are allowed in the studio during class time. Observation windows are available for your viewing. Please be advised that under certain circumstances the viewing windows may be closed.
• The studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. Please leave your valuables at home.
• Muskoka Dance Connection cannot provide direct supervision for younger students before and after class.
• We will try our best to ensure that absent students receive notices distributed in class; however the studio bulletin board should be checked frequently, as all notices will be posted and emailed.
• Please be sure to read our white board beside the front door, as it is updated weekly and has pertinent information.
Missed and Cancelled Classes
• There will not be any refunds for missed classes due to weather or illness. Classes cancelled by the studio will be re-scheduled or the student will be directed to another class of their level.
• Snow Day Classes will not be made up unless more than one class on the same day is cancelled.
• Muskoka Dance Connection may not cancel classes even if a snow day is called for schools. Cancellation messages will be placed on the voice mail and on our private Facebook page by 3:00pm. If you have any doubt please call the studio.
• To withdrawl from a class, please email a letter to the office. Refund will be determined according to the payment schedule and classes attended. Any cheques not yet cashed will be returned. No refunds will be given after April 1st.
• A deposit of $50.00 per student payable by cheque. This deposit is non-refundable after January 1st. The balance is due when exact costs are determined prior to costume distribution. Costumes range in price between $60-$140, keeping in mind age and level of student.
Body placement and alignment are impossible to correct when hidden by baggy clothing or long shirts; therefore, the following dress code must be adhered to.
HAIR FOR ALL CLASSES MUST BE NEATLY PULLED BACK FROM FACE AND NECK AND SECURED. HAIR MUST BE IN A BUN FOR BALLET. FOR FURTHER DETAILS CLICK ON THE GENRE.
If you have any questions about the school or the training you or your child are receiving, do not hesitate to contact us. It is our hope that working together with you, we may develop a mutually beneficial relationship for many years to come! [email protected]
Classes begin Monday September 11th and run weekly until our year end performances June 15th, 16th and 23rd 2018. There are 37 weeks in our dance year, 33 weeks for our Monday students.
Please call (705) 645-3476 or email us for tuition information.
This class incorporates Jazz Dance with acting and storytelling to songs. Students do numbers from shows and build a repertoire of Musical Theatre knowledge. Students have fun learning to be comfortable on stage while enjoying their art. Previous or Current Jazz dance training is a pre requisite for this class.
Modern/Contemp. (12+yrs) gives students the opportunity to explore the art of contemporary movement. It is a unique style that allows dancers to examine their spatial awareness and self expression.
Jazz (4+yrs) is an expressive and energetic dance discipline presented in a fun and exciting manner with emphasis on correct technique. Classes begin with a structured warm-up designed to develop flexibility and build strength, followed by centre work and across the floor progressions.
Hip Hop (5+yrs) teaches the latest, most innovative urban dance technique. Using age appropriate music, each class consists of a warm up and stretch, choreography and freestylin’. Bring some attitude and a little individual style.
Creative Movement (3+4 yrs) is a fun filled class that will introduce your child to dance, combining ballet with creative...
Ballet (4+yrs) classes focus on technique and strength while promoting grace and poise. Classes will incorporate barre and centre work, adage, petite and grand allegr and across the floor technique. This discipline is the basis of dance helping to shape the body, mind and spirit.
Acro (5+yrs) Elements from gymnastics and dance are blended together in a fun and exciting way. Flexibility, control and strength are the focus of this discipline.